Friday 4 November 2011

Icky Sicky

Yep!  It happened!  I got a cold!  My immune system cannot handle anything even when I am treating my body like a princess!  Apparently when you are me you can still get sick even if you are eating super healthy and working out!

The good news, I only missed one workout.  The bad news, I MISSED A WORKOUT!  There was no way I could do it!  And this weekend is nutso so I wont be able to get it in on Sunday.  The plan..?  Workout 5 days in a row next week!  I can do this!

Being sick was rough.  All I wanted was soup and crackers and tea with milk, but I had to have broccoli and chicken -- didn't cut it!

But I did it! As hard as it was, I stayed on track.  After this plan is done...IN A WEEK!  I am going to be looking seriously at some other protein options -- pork tenderloin, egg whites, tofu, ground chicken balls...any other ideas??  I just cannot stomach the chicken anymore!

So I think the time is now to start a countdown...basically 8 more days!  I'm not counting next Sunday because I weigh in at 8AM on Sunday.  I'm seriously doubting my ability to win right now...but you never know.  Maybe this cold knocked everyone down!  We will see.

On another note, my scrubs that I could barely squeeze into on week 2 of this competition fit like a glove on Thursday!  I was the happiest little pre-nurse on the planet!  That is pure motivation to keep up this work!

I think I may continue the blog as time goes on...then I can post my workouts and meals as well because they will be my own.  Do you guys want to hear about my journey as it continues?? Honestly the blogging has been a huge help and release!

By the way, I am feeling better today -- no longer death sick!

YAY!  Happy Weekend!

SJ

1 comment: